—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
Read more about Paradisus Condos
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #116 and #124
Rentals: Los Jardines: Available immediately: #106C $900 mo. / #121 $1,300 mo. / #126 $625 mo.
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car and a separate, secure storage locker. It is and end unit and therefore attached on only one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5” concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1432
This is a detached, two story, two bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house. It is nicely furnished as the prictues indicate. Ground floor consists of den/TV room, dining room, living room, kitchen, and 1/2 bathroom. Second floor: master bedroom with full bathroom including a jacuzzi, 2nd bedroom with ensuite bathroom, terrace.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 530
A small one bedroom with outside covered terrace with top of the line finishes (granite, stainless steel appliances, fine crafted wood cabinetry, +, +, +), with lots of well thought out storage...
What Happened This Week
Weather: Normal rains for this time of year.
1. Opening Up: The government has outlined a complex, phased plan to reopen the country during September despite the rising number of reported infections. I guess the economic consequences of shut down outweigh the the alternative.
2. COVID Close to Home: No, neither Lita nor me but close social friends in a different location. We could have been contaminated had I attended a Tuesday luncheon or had we attended our normal Sunday luncheon. However, I/we did not go to either for various reasons. Our 70 yr old friend seems to have contracted it while working along side one of the condominium employees when together there were working on some security camera cables. He tested positive, went into isolation and is now giving us health reports. Testing was done at one of many private labs; he got the test results back the same day. The doc prescribed a number of pills which seem to be working...he has experience body aches, sinus congestion, chills/fever, and head ache. It appears to be tolerable and he and his wife who remains asymptomatic are managing.
3. Communications: I sent a letter to all shareholders outlining the work accomplished over the past 18 mo. and outlining the future...
4. Scotiabank: They are permanently shutting some locations... including my old branch. I didn't realize that by assets, they are the 5th largest bank in CR and the 2nd. largest private bank behind BAC...
5. Foreclosure/Repossession: We wait...
6. Market Activity: We have had 6 viewings this week--more than in past 4 months. However, we have only one possible commitment...
7. Harassment: My friend on the Caribbean is still being harassed by government entities. He thought it had ended when charges were dismissed... not so. Exactly what the issues are now, I don't know... he has been too exhausted and depressed to discuss it.
8. Pictures: Here are some pictures of the completed pool area -faux rocks and tiling as well as rancho restructuring. Also included is the walkway solution... not elegant but practical.
News Items of the Week
News is all about COVID and the country opening up... it is complex and will probably change in details...
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons