—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #114, #116 and #124
Paradisus: 12-2 at Paradisus $1,400 mo. (white living room furniture)
Los Jardines: Available immediately: #106C $900 mo. / #121 $1,300 mo. / #126 $650 mo.
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 2 bedroom/2bathroom,1,290 sf single floor end unit home includes a 150 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. This house is fully air conditioned and has recently been professionally decorated by international decorator Alcides Graffe and has undergone a complete renovation—new modern furniture, finishings, window coverings, and art work by Carlos Gambino. It is arguably the nicest furnished unit at Residencias Los Jardines and only steps from the pool
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car and a separate, secure storage locker. It is and end unit and therefore attached on only one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5” concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1432
This is a detached, two story, two bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house. It is nicely furnished as the prictues indicate. Ground floor consists of den/TV room, dining room, living room, kitchen, and 1/2 bathroom. Second floor: master bedroom with full bathroom including a jacuzzi, 2nd bedroom with ensuite bathroom, terrace.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 530
A small one bedroom with outside covered terrace with top of the line finishes (granite, stainless steel appliances, fine crafted wood cabinetry, +, +, +), with lots of well thought out storage...
What Happened This Week
Weather: Normal rains for this time of year.
1. A Little Freedom: Driving restrictions limits driving on only one day a week according to the license plate number. On Sat and Sunday, only odd one day / even the next day... fortunately I have the use of a second car which allows me both days I now I will be able to drive any day of the week so... but where to go... many places are closed -never to reopen and I am currently tied down here...
2. Rancho Re-structuring: This is nearing completion. By Wednesday all the little clean up projects around the large pool will be finished. and on to the next very limited list before returning to rehabbing the buildings.
3. Security Cameras: I tried again this week. Got a site visit and requested a proposal... I got exactly what I told them I did not want... they didn't listen... not unusual with one trick ponies. Will keep looking...
4. Scotiabank--ciao baby!!!!: I made the move to BAC... leaving only a token amount in each of the accounts... We'll see if BAC is any better...
5. Foreclosure/Repossession: Yes, the judge tweaked his nose but I am still probably 3-4 mo. away from the property being assigned to me... total BS!!...
6. Market Activity: Two clients / no commitments. Two more inquiries -one with a dog which is a no-no for us and one wanted to rent month-to-month... not our business... go to a hotel, Air BnB, or ???? and several more inquiries for pictures... so a little interest, just no cookie yet. The client I dropped has yet to have anyone pick up the key and take over responsibility for payments... I know who it will be but it has not yet happened; he is not excited about it (for some of the same reasons as me) which is why... but eventually it probably will... The behavior of the owner is not conducive to building a good working relationship... I have always wished I had someone like me looking after my property in Toronto... it would be so much easier and less stressful... but some people seem to never figure it out...
7. Comments: The country is opening up... movement is being allowed, albeit not completely free yet, most businesses will be allowed to reopen, airlines from certain destinations are being allowed albeit that there is a fairly long list of passenger requirements... but I really believe recovery will be a long, long time and for many, they will never effectively recover and the legacy will continue long after the cause has passed...
News Items of the Week
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons