—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #114, #116 and #124
Paradisus: 12-2 at Paradisus $1,400 mo. (white living room furniture)
Los Jardines: Available immediately: #106C $900 mo. / #121 $1,300 mo. / #125 $825 mo.
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 2 bedroom/2bathroom,1,290 sf single floor end unit home includes a 150 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. This house is fully air conditioned and has recently been professionally decorated by international decorator Alcides Graffe and has undergone a complete renovation—new modern furniture, finishings, window coverings, and art work by Carlos Gambino. It is arguably the nicest furnished unit at Residencias Los Jardines and only steps from the pool
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car and a separate, secure storage locker. It is and end unit and therefore attached on only one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5” concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1432
This is a detached, two story, two bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house. It is nicely furnished as the prictues indicate. Ground floor consists of den/TV room, dining room, living room, kitchen, and 1/2 bathroom. Second floor: master bedroom with full bathroom including a jacuzzi, 2nd bedroom with ensuite bathroom, terrace.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, (62M2)+ parking for one car and 33sf locker is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple—or investment property.
What Happened This Week
Weather: This week seems to have brought the "mini-summer" -a normal period varrying in time and duration but the characteristic is that virtually no rain falls for several weeks (+/-). We will have to irrigate during this time.
1. Pool Work: We continue to finish off minor things...
2. Slippery walkway tile: The order seems hung up because of a discrptency of 25 roles vs. 19 roles so the info does match the shipment... wow!!!
3. Foreclosure: The additional paperwork was filed. We wait... now since Jan. 21.
4. Lock Down: Rules are returning to what they were. Only two days a week that cars cannot drive based on license plate... one during the week and either Sat. or Sunday... yes, masks are required in all public indoor spaces. Many businesses are being allowed to open fully or partially.
5. A New Deal: The closing of this deal was delayed because the banks were closed. It is scheduled to close this week. We'll see. Still working on the contract.
6. Scotiabank: A follow up, double check determined that the bank had not received the info. from the lawyer and yes, there was one more request (always the case) ...I got that corrected... where was the breakdown????? no idea... but hopefully, it is rectified now. Hopefully, I have the balance of into requested...
7. Carib Harrassment: My friend is seeing light at the end of the tunnel. We both find it amazing that 4 topographers (surveyors) come up with different points of reference. Each saying they are the "final" authority... Incredible... now, he is going to turn the tables... I await the fun...
8. Los Jardines: We had only one minor issue re. infrastructure... In addition, we were able to order in materials we needed to keep us going. We are, however, running low on some items... and need businesses to open.
Not being able to dive anywhere made for a VERY quite week... no planes, few cars, little mortor cycle noise, no outings other than what I could walk to... saved a lot of money, hammock life shortned, no socializing, great time for quiet...
News Items of the Week
Virtually all the articles are about Covid... and the management thereof. The government is broke and wondering how to pay for it's obligations. It has started to mention the real nitty gritty issues that are going to have to be addressed... the largest being excessive pensions... and extra wages and benefits... this is where the real money suckers are... yes, travel, meal subsidies (for people now relegated to their homes and still being paid these), promotions (no salary increases so there are promotions), these are all the way the bureaucrates fake compliance... and the organization as a whole never reaches it's goal...
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons