—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #114, #116 and #124
Paradisus: 12-2 at Paradisus $1,400 mo. (white living room furniture)
Los Jardines: Available immediately: #106C $900 mo. / #121 $1,300 mo. / #125 $825 mo.
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 2 bedroom/2bathroom,1,290 sf single floor end unit home includes a 150 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. This house is fully air conditioned and has recently been professionally decorated by international decorator Alcides Graffe and has undergone a complete renovation—new modern furniture, finishings, window coverings, and art work by Carlos Gambino. It is arguably the nicest furnished unit at Residencias Los Jardines and only steps from the pool
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car and a separate, secure storage locker. It is and end unit and therefore attached on only one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5” concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1432
This is a detached, two story, two bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house. It is nicely furnished as the prictues indicate. Ground floor consists of den/TV room, dining room, living room, kitchen, and 1/2 bathroom. Second floor: master bedroom with full bathroom including a jacuzzi, 2nd bedroom with ensuite bathroom, terrace.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, (62M2)+ parking for one car and 33sf locker is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple—or investment property.
What Happened This Week
Weather: Enough rain to keep all happy... garden is looking great. Over the past several weeks, we have experienced a series of low pressures resulting in lots of rain... more in parts of the country other than the Central Valley but even here we have seen lots of overcast days.
1. Rentals: We have added 121 to the list of available rentals. We have taken over the management of this unit. Having been vacant for some time and needing work as well as cleaning, we now have it in rentable condition. It was unfortunate we had to do this but the owner of the shares seems to have virtually abandonded it and owes the parent company money and despite our efforts to collect, that did not happen. So will full notice of the consequences, we have done this and will now try to repay the debt he owes.
2. Pool Work: The faux rock painting was finished last week. The tile work progresses and should be finished mid week. They are doing a great job--sloping correctly, laying correctly, and cutting the uneven edges incredibly well. We chose the right contractor for sure...and they have been here every day and worked as weather permitted...
3. Slippery walkway tile: This contract has been let. They will begin Monday and have allowed all week to finish. We have notified the residents... it will be noisy around the compressor and there will be dust overflow despite the portable enclosure that will be used. It is a bit of an experiment based on reasonable judgement... Neither I nor the contractor has done this work before; I have my doubters but it being 1/3 the cost of the alternative, I believe it worth a try. If we see it is not working, we will cancel the balance and go witht he more expensive solution... replacing the tiles.
4. Foreclosure (last week): we heard from the court... they want information they already have... we are trying to contact them. Seems to be another delaying tactic.
5. Website: The website went down becasue I did not renew my domain name. Well, I did, but since I was changing companies, it seems the company holding my name became difficult and put two of use thru hell for 5 days... I ended up having to renew with them and have to keep them for 2 mo. but we have already authorize the move to another company...
8. Back to Lock Downs: Like elsewhere in the world as the cases increase, CR is reverting back to more severe lock down / social interaction rules. Masks are now being required in all public indoor spaces. Earlier curfews, driving restrictions remain in effect. Life goes on but it is more complicated.
News Items of the Week
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons