—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
Distrito Cuatro / Guachipelín / Escazú
Hyundai Santa Fe 2008
Hyundai Santa Fe 2008, Turbo Diesel, automatic, excellent family vehicle, safe, comfortable, interior with leather seats. Good tires, engine, turbo, suspension, and AC. Marchamo 2018 and Retive. It now has been road tested for 5 weeks and performed flawlessly. I can now sell with confidence...
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #109, #106A, #114 and #124
Paradisus: April 7, Available, $1,400 mo.
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5" concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1506
This single story home (1506 sf. + parking for one car) is detached, fully furnished, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, home office, living room wall / entertainment center along with a built in office and a semi-private terrace. In addition, it has a vaulted ceiling in the “great” room and two skylights. The covered entrance way is suitable for two chairs located next to a covered garden area. Once through the impressive front door, you enter the “great room” which houses the kitchen, dining room, office and living room. Upon entering, there is a built in wooden hutch surfaced with granite—it matches all the built-in furniture in the great room. There is a clothes washer and dryer off the 2nd bedroom.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 2 bedroom/2bathroom,1,290 sf single floor end unit home includes a 150 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. This house is fully air conditioned and has recently been professionally decorated by international decorator Alcides Graffe and has undergone a complete renovation—new modern furniture, finishings, window coverings, and art work by Carlos Gambino. It is arguably the nicest furnished unit at Residencias Los Jardines and only steps from the pool
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1227 sf . + parking
This 2nd story, 1,227 sf (113 m2 + one parking space) )is a georgous home with one of the best views at Los Jardines. The very large front covered terrace faces west and is suitable for entertaining; the off-bedroom covered terrace faces east for sun sets. This very tastefully furnished and fully equipped home offers a lifestyle envied by many. The owner offers financing if desired.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. It is attached on two sides by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. It is attached on one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer. The three other sides allow light, ventilation and garden views.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 1,290 sf single floor home includes a 300 sf front terrace plus parking for one car and a separate, secure storage locker. It is and end unit and therefore attached on only one side by a 6 inch cement demising (common) wall, which prevents sound transfer.
Weather: Beautiful as always... and... even though it is a month early, the beginnings of sprinkles has happened the last few afternoons...
Lots of Happenings:
1. An additional house was listed for sale this week at Los Jardines... #109 -that now makes 7. The owners pf109 have been here for about 5 years, fixed the place up and now want to sell. Why? Don't really know...
2. District 4 Offer: It seems dead... typical experience with Ticas... lots of activity, promises and then silence... my experience for the past 10 years... somethings don't change.
3. Two friends have received offers on their personal residences after having them on the market for several years... we'll see if there is follow through. One may be displaced into renting at Los Jardines for an interim phase.
4. Los Jardines houses are now cleaned, repaired and mostly appointed fully. I still have a few things to get..eg oven knobs. I buy them by the gross since in almost all cases, they get broken... operators insist on turning them clockwise when the only way the valve works is counter clockwise... the result is a broken plastic knob. Getting them is a pain... now I have to go down town San Jose -since the previous supplier is out of business. Terrible traffic, and no place to park. This is a full day's effort... and a frustrating one... My attempt yesterday resulted in failure after 2 1/2 hours. I have it all to do over again...
5. Heredia house... After the normal amount of frustratable events this past week, I am looking forward to finishing what I plan to do this next week. Then I can begin marketing... as with everything else for sale, I expect it to be a slow process. The new kitchen should be installed today and tomorrow. The exterior paining is now finished and the interior is nearly finished. Curtains will be installed this next week. Staircase tiling will be finished this weekend. Landscaping will also be finished this weekend. Cleaning will be done next week and then pictures and marketing.
6. Santa Fe: I dropped the price... no response... I will wait it out since it is now the best priced of the three offered on Encuentra24.
7. Crete: it is booked. Now on to phase two... where do we go after Crete? and phase 3... how do we get there and back?
8. Implants: ugh!!!!!!! progress but not linear... now a haiatus for a couple weeks.
9. Renters: We have actually had 5 lookers... no takers.... two people who had mishmash parts of furniture and who didn't read or the agents didn't clarify that our units are FULLY furnished... and people who really haven't thought... or thought about what they want, don't want... just gather data on someone else's time.
10. Paradisus: I never completely finished appointing or furnishing this unit. The tenant wanted it that way... After two years, he has moved with this work to Nicaragua. I now have to finish it off. In addition to a sofa / love seat which will be delivered Monday, I need some glass shelves. I went to the local place... price was o.k. but the delivery would be 15 days. Wow!!!! for 10 pieces of cut glass 24 X 5... Guess business is really good for them... I decided to go elsewhere. Getting a cleaning person in was again a problem... the Nicaraguan guard wouldn't let in the Tica cleaning person despite her having a key, cleaning supplies and their knowledge that the unit was vacant... It was a power trip by the guard. This isn't the first time... again I have tried to solve this so it doesn't happen again... I fear it will but for now it has stabilized... and then the tica had to thumb her nose at the Nica... which set him off again... wow!!
11. Dominical mortgage... paid off as scheduled.
12. Everything else is now one more week behind and continues to build. This "retirement" is not working right...
News Items of the Week
1.Judiciary Criminals... are going to have their pensions cut... and are now going to have to work an additional 3 years before they can retire at age 65.
2. Economy: is projected to grow in CR by 3.3%.
3. VAT tax... the growth won't happen if the VAT is passed... this will be a disaster... even if it is enforced. And it will be so complex that it will be a chaos... implementing a simple tax is always screwed up in this country...
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons