—Vida y tiempo—
When I started Residencias Los Jardines, I started writing a weekly newsletter -determined to tell all the good, bad, and the ugly. I knew some readers would be interested in the construction process. I expected others might be interested in the lifestyle of two people who had decided to live outside the box. For others, the adventures of Lita, the parrot and the cat took on an entertainment saga all its own.
Residencias Los Jardines is finished. We periodically have re-sales and rental availability. Some readers may be interested in this information.
rentals & sales
Paradisus Condos / Rohrmoser
Each of the units consists of two bedrooms / two bathrooms, and a large living/dining/kitchen area. The floor plan of each of these units has eliminated the optional "den / office" divider. The result is a larger area offering more flexible furniture arrangements while still maintaining the option of including an office area. At 105m2 plus two parking spots each and storage locker, they offer a great opportunity for someone seeking views, security, central location, and first class, all round living...
sales & rentals
Sales: Los Jardines: Units #106A, #114 and #124
Paradisus: Nothing available
Los Jardines: Nothing available
Residencias Los Jardines
property management, rentals & re-sales
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1250
This is a fully furnished 2-bedroom unit situated in a 2-story building, which has two units on the ground floor and two units on the 2nd. floor. Each unit is the same size (1,250sf) divided into 800 sf of interior space and 450 sf of covered front and back terraces. Units 106A and B are on the ground floor; Units 106 C and D are on the 2nd. Floor. The solid masonry demising wall (common wall) as well as the 5" concrete slab prevent sound transference.
Total Area (Sq Ft): 1290
This 2 bedroom/2bathroom,1,290 sf single floor end unit home includes a 150 sf front terrace plus parking for one car. This house is fully air conditioned and has recently been professionally decorated by international decorator Alcides Graffe and has undergone a complete renovation—new modern furniture, finishings, window coverings, and art work by Carlos Gambino. It is arguably the nicest furnished unit at Residencias Los Jardines and only steps from the pool
Total Area (Sq Ft): 662
This 662 sf, + covered parking for one car, is a one bedroom home on the 2nd floor overlooking the large pool. It is ideal for a single person or couple.
Weather: We are into the dry season / summer / windy season... The early part of this week was dominated by a low pressure system bring high winds and... for us... very low temperatures... We were bundled under several "comforters" and coats sleeping... and wore coats during the day. This was not fun...but at the same time, Toronto had snow, -22C temperatures and Collingwood had 2 feet of snow... all in all, guess we were in the right place...
1. Volvo: Wonderful. Went on a two day road trip to Arenal this week... everything about it was great and a friend who knows more about cars than I, felt it was a great buy...
2. Santa Fe: Haven't heard... guess they are still tearing it apart and assessing it. Will follow up this week.
3. Sale of 125: I closed and we have a new owner.
4. Repossessed Property: Not much has happened on this. I am trying to find out what I can build on it. That will determine the value of the land.
5. New Phone: My new number is: (506) – 8 – 455-5935
6. Arenal: I had seen a property advertised for sale. The price had continued to come down. I was not interested in it but a bit curious. A two friends expressed some interest in it. I used that has an excuse to drive there and have a couple "play" days... fortunately one of the interested parties wanted to go as well so we made a foursome out of it. We also combined with that a trip to one of my lawyer's get-away house complete with three donkeys, ducks, koi, bull and two emus. It is nice to see that my "contributions" are being well invested. The property in question we went to see and associated properties which we also took time to see... all interesting but I would not recommend any. I simply do not see that area as investible... a place to visit or a lifestyle issue... fine... but don't plan on making any money... and we any of these properties, you are simply buying yourself a job with lots of risk over an extended time frame... and the older one gets, the shorter the time frame even if you don't get any smarter. Certainly the area is beautiful... lots of rain all year long so everything remains lush and green...but rural, remote, VERY quiet, you better love yourself and be in good health... and not want for a lot of friends and like driving... views are wonderful... but they do not fill up my life...
Never a Dull Moment in CR: Before we left on Friday morning, the electrical company was parked in front of our condo meter panel. Before they were finished, they had disconnected 15 of the 31 meters, including mine... What the F....k! The workers were only following their orders. Two of us ran for our receipts. Made no difference. Off to the nearest office. Well, yes I had paid but the payment had been credited to the wrong account... I paid again...and will have to sort out with the bank the error. The other person was two days late in paying... both of ours were turn back on. We I returned on Saturday, 5 of the 15 were still red tagged. Life is an adventure here...
Last week's happenings: A number of readers found it funny... it wasn't written to be but perhaps the irony of the title and the week's activities were what was funny. This past week was more sane.
I have to now prepare for 19 hungry luncheon guests so...
News Items of the Week
1. Weather: Yes, it was "cold" for us...
2. Money Laundering: Hard to get a conviction. Whether due to incompetence or the laws... or payoffs... who knows.
3. Strong Winds: Our lights were on and off multiple times in minutes for days... hard on electronics... an annoying.
4. Free Trade Zones: They are working for CR. Most of the economic growth and good paying jobs come from these areas and those industries supporting them
FOR RENTAL OR SALES INFORMATION
Brian C. Timmons