What Happened This Week
Weather: The normal weather pattern for the rainy season in our area, is morning sun, afternoon showers... that has not been the case this year... we have had lots and lots of overcast days with no sun... normal amount of rains but not torrential downpors in our area...
1. Medical Issue: Walking normally and doing my morning rounds... all seems good
2. Warring Tribes: Two weeks ago, one of the residents had a party at the large pool with 20 or so people including adults and children. This was reserved and scheduled as normal. While a few more people than we normally have, we have not been enforcing a limit rule as we did when COVID first arrived and the country shut gatherings down... As the country has relaxed the rules, open up restaurants, gatherings, etc, we have done so as well. One of the longer term tenants took officense to the number of people and to the music... after the party the two households wanted to argue... the argument landed in my lap. I did not see that the party broke any norms of behavior so when I could not get consensus between the two parties, I told them to bugger off and slug it out if that is what they wanted. This Tuesday, the complaining tenant called the local police. I was called to the meeting... two cops, two complainers, a bunch of "helpers" / translators... The meeting started with proposed solutions... I didn't like that... I first wanted to know what the problem was? Who owns the problem? and What Min. of Salud rules were broken. Well, the police started to give me their interpretations rapidly leading into solutions... I shut that down and again tried to establish what the problem was, who's problem was it, before I wanted to hear any "solutions". Since that never happened I did not feel anything was going to be accomplished. As far as I was concerned, there was no problem, whatever the issue was, was not mine to own, that the "solution" was quite obvious... use the second rancho, use the second pool, avoid the area, the music was much lower than when the complainer had his party, no one else had complained so, I just couldn't accept that it was "my or Los Jardines's problem". Yes, I was probably overly aggressive in expressing myself but it was a meeting that was leading nowhere. One other person in the area and myself looked at each other, concluded it was BS... and that is when I walked away.
3. Legal issues: And which, if any, of the 5 things got moved ahead this week... NONE... typical. Another week and nothing got done.
4. Pending Sale of 115: This is supposed to happen this week. The timing was dependent on the sale of another house... that is scheduled now --after an expected delay-- for Monday. At this point, I am not expecting any delays but am fully prepared if they do in fact happen. None of what has happened has been a surprise. I had advised all parties but the seller / buyer did not appreciate reality not having been involved in these events before... And while I tried to shave off a few days for the buyer's possession, he wasn't following what / why I was suggesting so I decided to shut up and do as instructed... so that is where we are...
5. Viewings: We have had a lot of viewings this past week... activity is picking up... Unfortunately, no commitments... but the fact that people are around looking is an encouraging sign.
6. Managing Keys: What a GD hassle. Friends return for dental work and to renew friendships. I have been looking after their place... not that it requires much time... they left their car keys with me and asked that I re-connect the battery... I have no GD idea where the keys are... two of us spent 3 man hours looking... no where to be found... they will turn up some time but when, I have no idea. Fortunately, we did get the battery re-connected and fortunately, they have a second set of keys... argh!!!!!!!