What Happened This Week
Weather: The dry / windy season continues... although to date, we have have less wind (in our area) than several years ago... fortunately, the irrigation systems are working beautifully and the gardener is as well.
1. Repairs Is the Bane of Maitnenance: As always, getting this repaired is usually problematic. (A) We have an off brand (never buy off brand and buy only what is likely to be able to be maintained) -"weed wacker". In this case, it has a number of useful attachements. The pull cord/retractor has failed. So far, we have not been able to find the part. We may have to buy another and fiddle around with world wide search. (B) I bought a used generator. I expected it would require some repair work. The person I sent to check it out before buying didn't do a very good job... with generators, there are two important parts... the motor (runs find except the muffler is shot -that can be easily and inexpensively fixed, and 2, the generator itself... my pick up guy (he had the pick up) said he tested the outlets... and it worked... however, something happened between there and here... the generator does not work. First repair person who was too busy to really analzys it, said buy a new one... we now have it in for analysis at a repututable shop... we are suppose to get that info next week... we'll see.
2. Bank Sub-accounts: Chapter 2: no energy for this this past week.
3. Rancho Roof Repairs: I let the contract on this... the difference in the two prices was about $5,000... considerable when the lowest guy was $2,300... for the same work.
4. Shareholder Meeting: I am having to get the financial info together and prepare a budget... seems eveyone else is too busy with personal issues... hope to have it 90% complete today...
5. Forecloser: No movement from the judge... gawd!!!!!! Re INS suit... nothing, not even an invoice from the lawyer...
6. Pizza: I have saved the best for last: A new pizza place opened in the same location as a former / ok pizza place. It is located 3 min. walk from our house... Yesterday was my second order... and it is without doubt, the best pizza I remember having in CR... it was almost as good as my Portugal experiences with pizza... this is going to become a favorite... except on Monday's (they are closed... I found out the hard way).